Dear Friends of Martina Center,
With an abundance of hope we ae moving forward with planning a year filled with programs here at Martina. We are well aware that circumstances beyond the control of any of us could cause those plans to be changed in an instant as we saw in March of this year.
Moving with an abundance of caution, we have been extremely blessed these past few months to have been able to re-open our doors to retreatants. While the groups are necessarily smaller and things like: food service, cleaning protocols and use of prayer spaces look different, our guests seem to have been comfortable and happy.
We regret that our wonderful Christmas Cabaret has been canceled for this year due to Covid-19. We will miss celebrating this joyful opening to the Christmas season with our Martina family. If you feel led to donate in the absence of this year’s event, we would be grateful to make those arrangements – thank you!.
Thank you for being part of our “family”. May our loving God bless you and enable you to continue to be God’s Light in this beautiful but troubled world.
Sr. Donna Smith, SHS
Martina Center Administrator
The changes we made to keep our guests safe:
- Everyone must wash/sanitize their hands upon entering the building and before eating.
- People should bring their own masks to use
- Hand sanitizing stations & masks will be available
- Tables will be cleaned after every meal by staff
- Floor will be marked with blue tape for social distancing
- Silverware wrapped (napkins)
- Social Distancing will be provided for in all common areas including the dining area.
- Glass bowls with sugars & coffee creamers on each table
- Salads and desserts will be individually wrapped.
- Salad Dressings and other condiments will be provided in individual containers.
- Covered containers for crackers & tongs to use
- Individual bagged snacks – peanuts, trial mix, pretzels, chips
- Drinks in pitchers with limited number of glasses & cups on table
- Sneeze guards placed in food service areas
- Hot foods will be served by the staff.
- Bathroom areas, railings, and other commonly touched areas are sanitized regularly.
Confirmation & Communion Retreats
We are pleased to sponsor or host Confirmation & Communion Day Retreats prepared and offered by Professional Youth Ministers and / or Catechists certified by the Pittsburgh Diocese.
Retreat Center Program Calendar
We offer a full schedule of single-day, week-long and weekend retreats – directed and personal, special events and masses. We seek to provide a place where God’s people may “come apart and rest awhile.”
Donate to MSRC
Your help is needed! We keep our program fees low and they rarely cover the costs of hosting our events. Consider making a donation to Martina Spiritual Renewal Center and helping us sustain and strengthen our program offering.